Software Engineer, Systems
We're an early stage tech startup with a top notch distributed team, awesome investors and a laser focus on enabling happier developers through better tools. We build Runme (transform markdown to runnable notebooks) and Marquee (the open source homescreen for VS Code). Our mission is to create a frictionless experience for developers contributing to increasingly cloudy systems.
We are looking for a systems engineer who is excited to roll up their sleeves, learn new technology, collaborate, be creative and participate in all the facets of delivering innovative developer tooling.
Qualities of an ideal candidate for this role:
- You enjoy working at the intersection of ASTs, graphs, type systems, and developer tooling
- You are comfortable and happy working both at the system-level and with the web platform
- You contribute to high-level design discussions without losing sight of pragmatism and delivery
- You appreciate clear, thoughtful, and well tested pull requests / code reviews and lead by example
- You're comfortable in a startup environment and all that entails
Nice to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years proven record building libraries and solutions to solve low-level problems
- Eagerness to push the boundaries of tooling available to software developer's day-to-day
- Interest in participating in an open source community
- Excited to join an early team
We are committed to building a company culture that fosters happy and productive people, which relies heavily on respect, empathy, transparency, direct communication and ownership. You can read more about our company values on our company page.
Stateful is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.